Welcome the Aterra XL Flatbed Camper
Designed to fit almost any truck, this durable and lightweight camper is built to handle tough terrain.
AT Overland debuted their new Aterra XL truck camper at Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, Arizona this past week. Even with a starting cost at $69,000 and a 25-30 week lead time, this compatible camper unit might still be worth the wait and the price when you consider all it has to offer anyone looking for the perfect off-road camper option.
Designed by Tern Overland and built by AT Overland, the Aterra XL is built for off-road use. Its lightweight fiber-reinforced thermoplastic honeycomb composite shell is durable without causing top-heaviness on the rig’s weight distribution. The camper can fit any full-size pickup that can accommodate an 80×80 flatbed.
As examples of the many features included with this outfit, take a look at some of its offerings:
- Queen bed with 3” upholstered mattress and Froli travel spring system
- 5 Arctic tern acrylic windows with reflective privacy curtains, bug screens
- Arctic tern acrylic electric roof hatch skylight with integrated led lighting.
- Truma VarioHeat Comfort heater and AquaGo hot water heater
- Dometic flush mount 2 burner sink/stove combo with glass top
- Dimmable interior and exterior led lighting
- 20 Lb propane tank (standard swappable type)
- National luna 90 liter dual zone fridge freezer
- 30 Gallons fresh water capacity
- Inside and outside Sagiv shower points
AT Overland says the Aterra XL be “suitable for all seasons and full-time overlanding for two + pet.” There is an electric element with rooftop solar panels generating 400 watts of power to charge a 105-Ah lithium-ion battery.
For additional questions or to receive a formal quote on what this would look like for your truck, there’s a convenient contact request on AT Overland’s website.