RV News: Good Sam Gets a Rebrand, Winnebago Preps for Florida Supershow, and nuCamp Hits a Milestone
Happy New Year! 2024 is already off to a busy start, with lots of things already happening across the RV industry. We have a lot of ground to cover with this week’s news round-up, so let’s jump right in.
- Good Sam Gets a Rebrand: A new year brings new opportunities. Such is the case for Good Sam, which celebrated the arrival of 2024 with a fresh look and beautiful rebrand. The membership service continues to offer an array of excellent benefits, including extended service plans for RVs, travel insurance, roadside assistance, and discounts on fuel, campgrounds, and RV gear. But this year, the company is also looking to get back to its roots with a focus on road trips, camping, and adventure. Look for big things in the coming months, but head over to the Good Sam website to check out the new look for yourself.
- Near-Record Attendance Expected for Florida RV Supershow: One of the largest annual RV events takes place next week as the Florida RV Supershow gets underway in Tampa. This year, the show runs from January 17-21, with a large crowd expected each day. So large, in fact, that RV News reports that more than 80,000 people will pass through the doors at the Florida State Fairground, where up to 1,400 motorhomes, travel trailers, and other RVs will be on display. Want to attend? Save yourself some time and get your tickets in advance online.
- Winnebago to Spotlight Five New RVs at Tampa Supershow: Speaking of the Florida Supershow, Winnebago will once again be in attendance, and the company is bringing five new RVs to show off to attendees. In a press release that went out this week, the “Flying W” indicated that it would have over 100 floorplans on display, including several “customer-driven” models designed specifically to address feedback from RVers. That line-up will include the View/Navion 24T, the Class B Revel, the new Ekko Sprinter, and the Access and M-Series Towables.
- NuCamp Celebrates One-Year Anniversary of Barefoot Teardrop: Tiny towable manufacturer nuCamp will also be at the Florida Supershow and celebrating a major milestone there. The company announced the one-year anniversary of the production of its awesome Barefoot teardrop trailer by introducing a new color option. Attendees are invited to drop by the nuCamp booth to check out the as-yet-unannounced color and meet Cathy Chamberlain and Ben Matthews, the creators of the retro-looking camper.
- 2025 Entegra Cornerstone Available on Freightliner Chassis: Luxury motorhome manufacturer Entegra Coach announced this week that its 2025 Cornerstone model will be available on the Freightliner SL chassis. The move brings significant performance to the upscale vehicle, delivering a 20,000-pound towing capacity, independent front suspension, and a V-ride rear suspension that reduces body roll when turning. The new platform also improves control and steering and allows the manufacturer to incorporate a suite of new safety and driver-assist technologies. You’ll have to wait until next year to get it though, so get your orders in early.
- Camping World Continues Expansion: This week, Camping World announced plans for further expansion as it continues its push into more regions across the country. On Tuesday, the company revealed that it would open or acquire 15 new locations in the first quarter of 2024 alone, expanding its presence in Florida, North Carolina, Texas, and other southern states. A few days later, the retail giant also revealed it would purchase two additional dealerships in Louisiana. The goal is to hit 320 Camping World stores across the country by mid-year.
- RecNation Partners Up with Camping World and Good Sam: More news from the Camping World ecosphere this week, as it was announced that the company—along with subsidiary brand Good Sam, is joining forces with RV storage company RecNation. The three brands will work together on a joint marketing campaign designed to expand RecNation’s reach into more areas of the country. More details can be found here.
That’s all for this week. Join us again next Friday for all the latest RV and camping news.