Book These Campgrounds Near Amusement Parks for Spring Break
Heading to Disneyland, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, or Another Them Park for Spring Break? Here's Where to Park Your RV!
Spring break is one of the best times to visit the top amusement parks in the country. The weather is warm—but not overly hot—and while the parks are busy, they’re not nearly as crowded as during the peak summer season. On top of that, a spring getaway is perfect for blowing off some steam and relieving some stress.
If you’re planning an RV trip to your favorite theme park this spring, these are the places you should be parking your rig. Just remember that most campgrounds close to these destinations will fill up quickly, so be sure to reserve your spot as soon as possible.
Disneyland and Disney California Adventures/Knott’s Berry Farm
- Orangeland RV Park: This Good Sam Park has a 10/10/9.5 rating and is located just 10 minutes away from Disneyland and another 5 minutes from Knott’s Berry Farm. With 195 paved RV sites, full hook-ups, complimentary Wi-Fi, cable TV, and a heated swimming pool, it is one of the premier places to camp while visiting Southern California. (Book through Good Sam)
- Anaheim Harbor RV Park: Located less than a mile from the Disney theme parks, this resort offers full hook-up, including 30- and 50-amp service. The site has a heated swimming pool, laundry facility, and free Wi-Fi.
- Fairplex RV Park: This centrally-located campground in Pomona is close to a number of attractions, including the area’s top theme parks. It features plenty of campsites with power and water and amenities like a heated pool, hot tub, and wireless internet. (Book through Good Sam)
Walt Disney World
If your spring break plans include visiting Disney World, you’ll find plenty of campground options to choose from. Here are a few to have on your shortlist:
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort: Stay immersed in the magic during your entire stay by parking your rig at this campground located on the Disney property. This is one of the best places to camp in the entire country, with dozens of terrific amenities, including free wireless internet, laundry and dry cleaning facilities, restaurants, stores, and shuttle service to all of the Disney parks.
- Encore Tropical Palms: Located just four miles from Disney World, this RV resort is a tranquil haven after spending the day at the theme park. Spread out over 69 acres, the campground has all the usual amenities, plus onsite mini golf, a fitness center, shuffleboard, a dog park, and a restaurant. (Book through Good Sam)
- Kissimmee RV Park: It’s a short 6.5-mile drive from this campground to Disney World, making it an ideal place to explore the theme parks and the greater Orlando area. This pet-friendly campground has 30- and 50-amp power, onsite laundry facilities, clean restrooms, and a heated swimming pool.
Universal Studios Orlando
Like Disney World, Universal Studios is located in Orlando, always a great spring break destination. If you’re visiting this theme park in an RV, these are the best options for camping:
- Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake: This campground is operated by the city of Orlando and offers 36 full and partial hook-up sites at very reasonable rates. It has onsite restrooms, excellent fishing, and a designated drone flying zone. Best of all, it is less than five miles from Universal Studios, making it extremely convenient for visitors.
- Floridian Sandalwood RV Resort: Guests at this campground will find spacious pull-through sites, a heated swimming pool, laundry facilities, tennis courts, and more. The location also offers excellent fishing, shuffleboard and tennis courts, and an onsite playground for the kids, all just 30 minutes from Universal Studios.
- Ponderosa RV Park: Located less than a half-hour from Universal Studios Orlando, this RV park has plenty to offer spring breakers. All the campsites are paved, and many are pull-through and come with full hook-ups, including 20-, 30-, and 50-amp power. The site has free Wi-Fi throughout, a heated pool, cable TV and phone connections, and an air-conditioned laundromat.
SeaWorld San Diego
SeaWorld San Diego gives visitors a chance to view and interact with marine wildlife while learning about these creatures and the challenges they face in the wild. It is always a popular destination for families, with fantastic exhibits, shows, and activities. If you’re visiting for spring break, here are the best places to stay in an RV:
- Campland on the Bay: This campground sits less than ten minutes away from SeaWorld San Diego and offers access to beaches on Mission Bay. With over 560 campsites—many with beachfront views—it also has room to accommodate plenty of visitors. Campland offers fantastic amenities, plenty of sun and surf, and dozens of organized activities and events. (Book through Good Sam)
- Mission Bay RV Resort: One of the best RV campgrounds in the San Diego area also happens to be located just 4 miles from SeaWorld. Mission Bay provides access to De Anza Cove public beach and has its own onsite pool and hot tub. Other amenities include laundry facilities, restrooms and showers, free Wi-Fi and cable, and much more. Golfers will especially appreciate the close proximity to the Mission Bay public course located just across the street. (Book through Good Sam)
- Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve: A surprisingly-great natural haven located in an urban environment, Santee Lakes offers excellent access to SeaWorld and other San Diego attractions. The RV park has over 300 sites to choose from, most of which have full hook-ups, including water, power, internet, and cable. You’ll also find seven onsite lakes for fishing, paddle boat rentals, two swimming pools, and a nicely-appointed spa. (Book through Good Sam)
Legoland California is a great destination for kids and kids at heart. This theme park took the iconic Lego building blocks and blew everything up to life-size. It is packed full of exciting rides and attractions, a waterpark, and numerous fun shows. If you want to camp nearby, these are your best options:
- Oceanside RV Resort: All of Oceanside RV Resort’s 138 campsites offer full hook-ups, internet access, and cable TV. The resort has a recently-remodeled guest house with a game room, laundry, and restrooms, and the on-premises pool is a great place to relax after a busy day. And with Legoland located just 30 minutes away, it is a beautiful place to stay with the family. (Book through Good Sam)
- Paradise by the Sea Beach RV Resort: This aptly-named RV resort sits right on the beach, providing easy access for all guests. Located less than a half-hour from Legoland, the campground includes overnight sites with full hook-ups, wireless internet, and free HD cable TV. It also has a swanky pool, a hot tub, fire pits, and exceptionally clean bathrooms with hot showers.
- South Carlsbad State Beach: This lovely location sits atop a bluff overlooking the beach and provides unparalleled access to plenty of outdoor activities. While the campsites offer few in the way of amenities, they do provide access to the Pacific Ocean and plenty of outdoor activities in the area. And with the theme park less than a half-hour away, it is tough to beat this budget-friendly option.
If you’re heading to Pigeon Forge, TN, to visit Dollywood, you’ll find numerous fantastic RV parks in the vicinity. In fact, there are probably more top-rated campgrounds close to the theme park than any other destination on this list. Some of the best include:
- Gateway to the Smokies RV Park & Campground: Located less than 10 minutes from Dollywood, this fantastic RV resort is the perfect launch pad for any adventure in the Smoky Mountains. It has 80+ sites, all with full hook-ups, free Wi-Fi, fire rings, and more. You’ll also find an onsite laundry facility, swimming pool, game room, and even campsites large enough to support big rigs. (Book through Good Sam)
- Pine Mountain RV Park: With 10/10/9.5 Good Sam ratings, this RV park never fails to impress. It features 60+ campsites with power, water, sewer, cable, and wireless internet service. The facilities also include a snack bar, upscale bathrooms, a large splash pool, and onsite laundry, all located approximately 10 minutes from Dollywood. (Book through Good Sam)
- Mill Creek RV Park: Mill Creek bills itself as “your home away from home,” and after staying here once, you may not want to leave. The campground is centrally located to plenty of outdoor activities and sits just 10 minutes from Dollywood. To entice RVers to visit, it offers over 70 unique campsites with full hook-ups, including both 30- and 50-amp power. Wi-Fi is accessible throughout the park, and each site includes cable TV, a fire ring, grills, and other amenities. (Book through Good Sam)
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
If you like roller coasters and thrill rides, Six Flags Fiesta Texas is a fantastic destination. Based in San Antonio, this theme park features so many adrenaline-inducing rides that you’ll probably need multiple days to enjoy them all. Thankfully, some great RV parks are nearby to camp at while you visit. Here are a few:
- Mission City RV Park: If you’re looking to visit Six Flags Fiesta and take in historic San Antonio, this campground is an excellent choice. Located 30 minutes from the park, it has everything you could ask for, including 189 sites with full hook-ups, restrooms and showers, wireless internet connections, and more. It is even big-rig friendly with 90-foot pull-through sites. (Book through Good Sam)
- Alamo River RV Resort: Staying at this lovely campground feels like you’re camping in the country, even though you’re very close to the city. Situated about 45 minutes from Six Flags Fiesta, this RV resort offers modern facilities, shaded campsites, and a rustic feel. But you’ll still get full hook-ups, Wi-Fi, large pull-throughs, and excellent onsite amenities. (Book through Good Sam)
- Alsatian RV Resort: While this campground is about an hour from the amusement park, its 10/10/10 rating from Good Sam makes it worth the drive. The RV resort offers a luxury camping experience with access to a golf course, swimming pool, and walking trails. Guests have access to immaculate showers and restrooms, a well-manicured landscape, free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, a propane station, and even a lake stocked with large-mouth bass. After staying here once, you’ll want to come back again and again. (Book through Good Sam)
Busch Gardens Tampa
With its sunny days, warm weather, and fun atmosphere, Tampa is a great place for spring break. One of the top things to do there is to visit Busch Gardens, a fun amusement park known for its classic rides, entertaining shows, and opportunities to interact with exotic animals. This makes it a wonderful experience for the entire family, and if you want to stay in an RV while visiting, these are the best places to book a campsite:
- Quail Run RV Resort: This campground bills itself as the “nicest RV resort close to Busch Gardens,” and with its 10/9.5/10 Good Sam rating, it is hard to argue otherwise. Visitors to Quail Run will find 292 campsites, a heated pool, free Wi-Fi and cable, an onsite camp store, and much more. All just 30 minutes from the theme park. (Book through Good Sam)
- Bay Bayou RV Resort: Located 30 minutes from Busch Gardens, this campground is exceptionally clean and well-maintained. Visitors will find that it offers access to many local activities and events, although there is plenty to do right there. The RV resort features 300 full-size campsites, Wi-Fi access throughout the grounds, and a heated swimming pool. Other amenities include two dog parks, a fishing dock, miles of kayaking trails, and a comfortable clubhouse. (Book through Good Sam)
- Hawaiian Isles RV Resort: Tranquil and relaxing is an excellent way to describe this resort, which is about 45 minutes away from Busch Gardens. While staying here, you’ll have access to an Olympic-size swimming pool, a full-featured spa, and other onsite activities. The expansive resort offers more than 300 campsites with full hook-ups, wireless internet access, and a pet-friendly atmosphere.
There you have it. Some of the best RV campgrounds to book your stay for a spring break getaway. Enjoy some sun and warm weather while taking in these incredibly fun and entertaining theme parks.