RV News Weekly Round-Up(July 14, 2023)
RV Community Events, Thor Class B Models, Camping World Opens Jayco-Exclusive Dealership, and More
Each week there is far more news from the RV and travel industry than we have time to cover. To make up for that, every Friday, we offer a roundup of the most interesting and important stories that you may have missed over the past seven days. Here’s what you need to know:
- Lippert to Hold Third Annual Consumer Event: RV components manufacturer Lippert has announced its third annual consumer event with invites going out to its Lippert Scouts community group. The event will take place September 19-23 at the RedRock RV Park in Island Park, Idaho. For more information, click here.
- Camp Winnebago Starts This Weekend: Speaking of community events hosted by RV brands, the 2023 edition of Camp Winnebago starts this weekend and runs into next week. The event—which was previously known as the Grand National Rally—starts on Sunday, July 16 and continues through Friday, July 20. Visit the Winnebago website for more information.
- RVs are Holding Their Value Well: Vehicle market analysis company JD Power has released its most recent report on the state of the RV industry. The latest studies show that Class C motorhomes and truck campers, in particular, are holding their value very well, with prices higher than they were in the same quarter last year. The report also indicates that dealer and manufacturer inventories are normalizing as the industry adjusts to a post-COVID economy. Read the full report here. You can also check the current value of your motorhome or travel trailer with the Good Sam RV Valuator.
- Thor Motor Coach Continues Updating RV Models: Over the past few weeks, there has been a steady stream of updates from Thor Motor Coach as the RV manufacturer announces updates to its popular line of recreational vehicles. This week, we get insights into the changes and upgrades to eight of the company’s Class B models, including the Rize, Scope, Dazzle, Twist, Sequence, Tellaro, Sanctuary, and Tranquility. For more insights into what to expect from the 2024 edition of those camper vans, click here.
- Camping World Opens Jayco-Exclusive Dealership: Camping World recently announced that it would open several brand-exclusive dealerships across the country. This week, the company opened one such dealership in Oklahoma City, where the new location offers a full selection of Jayco RV models. Two more Jayco-only dealerships will open in the coming weeks in Little Rock, Arkansas and Macon, Georgia.
- Outside Publishes Guide to Dispersed RV Camping: Last week we shared a link to some valuable camping tips from Outside magazine. Those tips were very helpful, but were mostly geared toward tent campers heading into the backcountry. This week, we get another article from Outside that is more focused on RVers. The popular adventure and travel mag has posted an “Ultimate Guide to Dispersed RV Camping” which was put together in conjunction with Go RVing.
- US Bank and Rollick Launch RV and Boat Marketplace: Consumers shopping for an RV or boat now have a new option for buying their new toy, albeit from an unlikely source. US Bank has joined forces with Rollick—a tech company focused on consumer engagement—to launch a new marketplace for recreational vehicles. The website is designed to be a one-stop-shop for finding an RV or boat, obtaining finaincing, and completing the purchase—a first for a major banking institution.
That’s all for this week. Join us next Friday for another roundup of important RV news stories.