RV News: RV Dream Destinations, a New Portable Power Station, and the Cybertruck is Finally Shipping
With December now upon us and the end of the year in sight, news from the RV industry is unsurprisingly slowing down. But there were still a few stories worth sharing from the past seven days. Here are a few things to keep on your radar:
- RV Lifestyle Lists Top 10 Dream Destinations: RV Lifestyle—a website dedicated to travel and camping in motorhomes and towables—has revealed a list of top ten dream destinations for RVers. The results come from a poll conducted on Facebook asking readers to share the places they most want to visit in their RV. Spoiler alert, the top spot went to Alaska, with Florida, Arizona, and several national parks also making the cut. Check out the entire list here.
- Tesla Launches the Cybertruck: Four years after it was originally announced, Tesla has finally started shipping its Cybertruck. Ten customers took delivery of the highly polarizing vehicle, which starts at $60,990. Based on its specs, the vehicle seems promising. It offers an 845 HP electric drive, a range of about 320 miles for the base model, and can go from zero to 60 mph in 2.6 seconds. It can also reportedly tow up to 11,000 pounds, but it still looks like something out of a low-polygon 1990s video game. Read more about the production model here.
- New Outdoor Recreation Act Gets Bipartisan Support in Washington: This week, a group of 23 members of the US House of Representatives from both sides of the aisle announced new legislation to promote outdoor recreation. The Expanding Public Lands Outdoor Recreation Experiences Act—or EXPLORE for short—is meant to improve access to outdoor spaces, make it easier for guides to obtain permits, add more green spaces to underserved communities, and build new long-distance trails. The legislation has wide-ranging support from both Republicans and Democrats and promises to expand outdoor activities in a variety of communities across the country. Find out more here.
- Dakota Lithium Introduces New Portable Power Station: Portable power stations are becoming more powerful and capable all the time. A good reminder of that came this week courtesy of Dakota Lithium. The company announced the PowerStation 2400, a portable charging solution with a 2040Wh capacity that can output up to 2400W of power. The unit is available now at a price of $2099.
- Dometic Launches New Accessories for the Toyota Sequoia: Dometic’s long list of vehicle accessories expanded a little further this week with the announcement of new roof rack kits and accessories for the Toyota Sequoia. The brand’s lightweight and multi-functional racks are compatible with more than 55 add-on accessories, allowing owners to customize the look and functionality of the vehicle to suit their needs. For more details, read Dometic’s announcement press release here.
- Hatchlift Announces Stake Hand Safety Handle: Speaking of truck accessories, our friends at Hatchlift Products announced a new addition to its catalog this week. The company revealed the Stake Hand Safety Handle, which is designed to make it easier to access the bed of a pickup. Additional features include a flag holder for use while tailgating and a 21″ tie down for securing cargo.
That’s all of the RV industry news from this week. See you next Friday for our next round-up.