RV News: A Jeep Gladiator Overland Camper, Lippert’s ‘Ultimate Fuzion,’ and More
It’s Friday, which means it is once again time for our weekly roundup of all the essential news from the RV, camping, and outdoor industries. Here are a few things you may have missed this week:
- Lippert Teases “Ultimate Fuzion” Travel Trailer Ahead of Florida SuperShow: The Florida RV SuperShow is still more than two months off, but some of the industry’s top brands are already teasing some announcements. For instance, this week, Lippert shared the news that it is collaborating with RV designer/renovator Cortni Armstrong—aka The Flipping Nomad—to produce the “Ultimate Fuzion” travel trailer. Based on a completely redesigned Keystone RV toy hauler, the towable will utilize the company’s new anti-lock braking system, along with an array of other components. The vehicle will make its debut in Tampa in January.
- Jeep and Addax Reveal Overland Camper for Gladiator Pickup: The Jeep Gladiator pickup is a very capable off-road vehicle that is quickly gaining popularity with the overlanding community. This week, Jeep announced that it is working with a company called Addax to create a lightweight and versatile camper designed to fit snugly inside the truck’s bed. The camper features a pop-up rooftop tent, flip-open hatch doors on both sides and an open interior that allows owners to stand up inside the bed. Find out more here.
- SEMA Spotlights Overlanding Vehicles: Speaking of overlapping vehicles, the SEMA show is taking place right now in Las Vegas. The annual gathering put on by the Speciality Equipment Marketing Association spotlights all things vehicle-related, including aftermarket parts and accessories. As a reminder of the growing popularity of off-road travel, the organization shared some of the coolest overlanding builds from the show floor, including a truck equipped with a LiquidSpring Smart Suspension and Winnebago’s rugged Hike 100 FLX towable. Check it out here.
- Cruiser RV Announces Essence Fifth-Wheel: Cruiser RV bolstered its line-up this week with the addition of the Essence fifth-wheel trailer. The new towable is available in three unique floorplans and boasts a weight of just 8,177 pounds and a length of 28′, 9.5″. That means you won’t need a hefty truck to tow it. Despite its svelte design, it still comes with plenty of features, including a queen-size mattress in the primary bedroom, washer/dryer prep, on-demand hot water, and residential-style appliances.
- Thor Touts Sustainability Efforts: This week, Thor Industries released its sixth annual sustainability report, sharing information on its efforts to take a more ecologically friendly approach to manufacturing and general operations. Of note, the company indicates that it is on track to meet the Science Based Targets initiative Validation Team’s recommended standards to reach net-zero emissions by 2050. The company has also released an electric camper van in Europe and is exploring options to do the same in North America.
- BLM Commits $9 Billion to Improving Recreational Opportunities: The Bureau of Land Management announced this week that it is committing $9 billion in funds from the President’s Investing in America initiative to improve recreational opportunities in outdoor spaces the organization oversees. The funds will be used to develop resources on BLM properties, including improving trails, campsites, and visitor centers. The government agency will also hire more than 30 additional staff to bolster visibility at those sites. Read more here.
- RVshare Says Says Utah is its Top Destination: If you’re wondering which destinations rank the highest with RVers for the fall, RVshare has some answers. According to the online RV rental site, there has been a substantial uptick in bookings for Salt Lake City, making it the top spot for its users heading into autumn. Considering Utah is home to five national parks and 11 national monuments, it’s easy to understand why travelers are flocking there this time of year. Las Vegas and Phoneix ranked second and third on the list.
- AdventureGenie and Spot2Nite Collaborate for Online Campsite Booking: AI RV trip planner AdventureGenie and campground booking service Spot2Nite are joining forces to make planning your next camping trip easier. By integrating Spot2Nite’s proprietary software, AdventureGenie users will be able to access and book campsites directly from the service. This will streamline the process and provide a much smoother, more convenient option for subscribers.
That’s the news for this week. See you next Friday for another round of RV industry news.