The RV Learning Center is offering scholarship money to deserving sophomore, junior or senior undergraduates majoring in business, finance, economics, accounting or other RV-related subjects. The RV Learning Center awards a $2,500 scholarship annually and the application deadline has been set for June 4, 2012.
Dealers and other industry partners are able to offer this opportunity to their team specifically because of their employment in the RV industry.
Scholarship applicants must:
• Have a 2.8 or better cumulative grade point average, and a 1050 minimum SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400 point scale). A minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable.
• Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior college undergraduate student.
• Complete a 500-word essay on their goals and objectives for attending college.
• Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form, which is available from guidance counselors or for download at no charge from the U.S. Department of Education at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
• Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
• Attend an accredited four-year college or university as a condition of receiving the scholarship.
All items must be submitted by June 4. Dealer principals, their family and dependents are not eligible.
The scholarship program is possible because of the generosity of the Newt and Joanne Kindlund Family. The Kindlunds are the founders of Holiday RV Superstores — the first publicly traded RV dealership. The Kindlunds sold the company in 1999. Newt Kindlund remains an active participant in RV industry affairs and currently serves on the RV Learning Center board. The Kindlund Family has fully funded the $270,000 foundation scholarship endowment.
For more information on the RV Learning Center scholarship program, send an e-mail to [email protected] or visit www.rvlearningcenter.com. The RV Learning Center is a tax-exempt organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions may be tax deductible as charitable donations.