Try Chef Robert Irvine’s Chocolate Fondue and Fruit Parfaits
A Tasty, Healthy, and Fun Way to Treat Yourself
The standard parfait gets dressed up with silky chocolate in quick and easy dessert that’s all indulgence without all the calories. Requiring little in the way of preparation or execution, you can make it on a whim for a treat the whole family will love.
Chocolate Fondue and Fruit Parfaits
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 16 large strawberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 (each) bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into large chunks
- (use any additional fruits desired such as pineapple, apple, pears)
- ¼ cup toasted sweetened coconut
- 2 cups granola
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- Set up all the fruit and yogurt in small bowls with spoons for self-serve.
- Set the grill to medium heat. In a saucepan, add the milk and bring to a simmer. Turn off heat and add the chocolate. Slowly mix with a whisk until it’s combined. Move over the heat if the chocolate is melting slowly; be careful not to overheat the chocolate or the oils will separate.
- Once the fondue is ready, everyone can make parfaits using the yogurt and fruit and topping with the warm chocolate sauce. Finish with the coconut.